Direct Supply is building the future of senior living technology, helping connect the spectrum of healthcare in order to improve the lives of millions of seniors!
In the position Finance & Accounting Intern position, you'll be responsible for assisting with reporting financial information, reconciling general ledger accounts, performing internal audits, preparing financial analyses and completing other miscellaneous accounting, tax and operational duties.
This intern position is year-round, accommodating a part-time schedule during the school year and full-time during breaks and summer.
What You'll Do and Impact:
- Use accounting software to prepare monthly financial reports for departmental leaders and analyze account variances.
- Prepare month-end general ledger account reconciliations and related journal/accrual entries.
- Complete quarterly and ad hoc internal audit procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with various accounting procedures for multiple foreign entities: month-end journal entries, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, monthly reporting and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Assist with financial planning and analysis reporting.
- Maintain customer sales tax exemption information and assist with setup of sales tax programs and software to ensure accurate invoicing for new products and services.
- Gather information requested by auditors during state sales tax audits.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable with reimbursable partner expenses.
What You'll Need:
- Currently working toward a bachelor's degree in Accounting with at least two full years left before attaining 150 credits.
- Completion of an introductory accounting course
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to shift priorities to accommodate ongoing demands
- Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week during regular business hours throughout the school year; available for additional hours during summer and vacation periods
Additional Items of Interest:
- Minimum of 3.2 cumulative GPA preferred
Job to be performed in the location listed. Generous benefit package available. Clickto learn more.
Direct Supply, Inc. and its U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers committed to diverse workforces.
2013 to 2020 Direct Supply, Inc. All rights reserved.
Direct Supply is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.