Performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed. Selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents. Must use judgment to evaluate and adapt laboratory requirements/guidelines to customer specifications and testing needs.
The Metrology Technician I receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from the laboratory metrologist or manager as needed. Performs recurring work independently and work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. The Metrology Technician solves practical problems encountered in fields of specialization. The Metrology Technician performs technical procedures and related activities independently without direct supervision. Maintains contact with laboratory metrologist and manager routinely and has liaise with customers or their representatives.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Major Duties include but are not limited to performing repair, rework, functional test, calibration, certification, and/or fabrication of complex electrical/electronic, liquid and gas flow, pressure, mechanical, temperature, wind speed, environmental, moisture, instrument cleaning and packaging, physical, optical, dimensional, vibration standards, combustible gas, instrumentation repair and other IM&TE using good troubleshooting, calibration, adjustment, and repair techniques and practices.
- Provides technical direction to other technicians. Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems.
- Works in and takes the lead in field level calibrations.
- Interfaces with customers in resolving technical problems.
- Works well with, and gets along with customers, coworkers, and management within a team concept, and communicates effectively when necessary.
- Writes revises and edits calibration procedures and computer programs as necesssary.
- Performs rework and calibration of measurement and test equipment traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Receives work assignments from a laboratory metrologist and performs tasks to an established schedule.
- Receives technical assistance and training from laboratory professionals or metrologists as required.
- May be required to temporarily fill in for the laboratory metrologist as needed. Works under general supervision and the guidance of a laboratory metrologist and/or laboratory manager.
- Maintains compliance with company Quality Assurance and Safety policies and procedures and government and quality accreditation policies and procedures.
- Following general instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts; may service or repair complex instruments or equipment.
- Conducts a variety of tests using established methods. Prepares test instrumentation, adjusts and operates equipment, and records test data, pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
- Extracts technical data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources; processes the data following well-defined methods including elementary algebra and geometry; presents the data in prescribed form.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
And all other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree, equivalent military school training in a relevant discipline.
- Proficient understand of Metrology with an ability to deal with moderately complex processes and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
- A basic understanding of instrument capabilities/limitations and factors affecting their use is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office
Stennis Space Center, Mississippi, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.